19 Novembre 2020
R&D Engineer - PhD (F/M)
Our client is a start-up created in 2015 and engaged in the sustainable development and climate change.
Sweetch Energy develops a technology enabling the production of clean renewable electricity from salinity gradient. (Osmotic Blue Energy).
Thanks to their recent discoveries in nanotechnologies and advanced materials for osmotic blue energy, the company is accelerating pace toward industrial setup of the technology.
Supported by leading deep tech and energy tech investors sharing their visions, they are expanding very fast and are currently looking at hiring their new:
R&D Engineer in Chemistry, PhD (Female/Male)
Based in Rennes, Brittany (France)
Among a team of 2 other researchers and directly reporting to the Director of the Research Development, you will be involved in but not limited to:
- Conducting active research in osmotic membrane and electrode surface chemistry.
- Compiling and analysing test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Analysing organic or inorganic compounds to determine chemical or physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, or reactions.
- Conferring with your team to conduct analyses of research projects, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Developing, improving, or customizing products, equipment, formulas, processes, or analytical methods.
- Writing technical papers or reports or prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, or tests.
- Studying effects of various methods on your researches.
You recently graduated from a PhD in Chemistry or in Electro-chemistry and you are open to a post-doc position or to gain a first experience within a dynamic environment.
You have a strong knowledge in at least one of following fields of Capacitive Deionization (CDI), electro-chemistry, forward osmosis, fuel cell and energy storage systems (redox flow), super-capacitive electrodes, etc. A good back-ground in grafting chemistry or ionic liquids will be a real plus.
You are passionate about renewable energy and particularly about blue energy, with a willingness to build a cleaner future and to combat climate change.
You are a strong team player. You learn from your mistakes and you’re convinced that failures are a good way to move forward in your researches. You are hands-on, creative and visionary.
You are fluent in English and your level of French is conversational.
Localisation : Rennes
Référence de l’annonce : DDA20007
Ne manquez aucune offre d'emploi